“Innovation is the driving force behind growth in the spa industry,” ISPA President Lynne McNees said. “Recognizing the innovation that is occurring within ISPA’s membership will encourage and inspire future ideas.”
Mio Skincare, a producer of high-performance, quality skincare for women, will be represented by Jill Dunk, co-founder, at the 2014 ISPA Conference & Expo. She will focus on Mio’s spa product, Liquid Yogarestorative bath soak.
“We are thrilled that Liquid Yoga and Mio Skincare are resonating with the spa industry,” Dunk said. “As the creators of the first premium skincare line for pregnant clients, we are committed to developing products that focus on results. Liquid Yoga was created to tackle stress, insomnia and muscle fatigue to re-mineralize, detox and energize body and soul. It is the ideal take-home product to continue the spa experience.”
Other ISPA Innovate Award winners by category:
Business Practices Innovate Award winners
- COOLA Suncare, located in San Diego, California. Represented by Chris Birchby, founder and chief executive officer, focusing on “mobile POS for products and spa poolside.”
- East Village Spa, located in Des Moines, Iowa. Represented by Cassie Sampson, owner, focusing on “employees with disabilities find perfect spa employment.”
- Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa, located in Corona, California. Represented by Brad Jensen, operations manager, focusing on “leadership development process ensures employee’s performance success.”
- SpaEquip Inc., located in Calistoga, California. Represented by Philippe Therene, founder, focusing on “the gift of spa experiences for all.”
- The Spa at the Breakers, located in Palm Beach, Florida. Represented by Amy Retay, director of spa operations, focusing on “measurement tool to reward service provider’s performance.”
Experiences Innovate Award winners
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat, located in Tallebudgera Valley, Queensland, Australia, Represented by Tracy Willis, marketing and public relations director, focusing on “sensory spa experience with live drumming.”
- Montage Resort & Spa, located in Laguna Beach, California. Represented by Michael Conte, spa director, focusing on “hand crafted experiences with organic garden ingredients.”
- Ojai Valley Inn & Spa, located in Ojai, California. Represented by Gloria Ah Sam, spa director, focusing on “safe treatment modifications for oncology spa guests.”
- Spa Gregorie’s, located in Newport Beach, California. Represented by Amanda Manwaring, spa manager, focusing on “inspirational letters inspire spa guests to pay it forward.”
- The Spa at Pinehurst, located in Pinehurst, North Carolina. Represented by Jennifer Roche, spa director, focusing on “contemplative sand painting: a mindful group workshop.”
Product Innovate Award winners
- Belmond the Inn at Perry Cabin, located in St. Michaels, Maryland. Represented by Denise Haddaway, spa director, focusing on “honey-based, all natural bee products.”
- Body Bliss, located in Sedona, Arizona. Represented by Nick James, owner, focusing on “technology that makes authentic aromatherapy truly personal.”
- Osea Skincare, located in Malibu, California. Represented by Jenefer Palmer, chief seaweed officer, focusing on “skin and body-care made like fine wine.”
- ResortSuite, located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Represented by Frank Pitsikalis, founder and chief executive officer, focusing on “spa guest check-in and questionnaire tablet app.”
The ISPA Conference & Expo Innovate Session will be held at 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 15 at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, where a select group of award recipients will share their innovations with ISPA Conference attendees. Attendees can register for the ISPA Conference & Expo by visiting attendispa.com.
About Mio Skincare
From the innovators behind Mama Mio, the spa industry’s top pregnancy line, comes Mio — the first premium skincare range for active women. Mio Skincare gives your skin positive energy top to toe, keeping you confident and gorgeous in your birthday suit, no matter the birthday. Mio is high performance, facial-quality skincare for your body, to keep skin in peak performance. Skincare that works as hard as you do and gives you fit skin for life. Fit skin is strong, resilient, bouncy, and firm, glowing with health and energy.
About the International SPA Association
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on experienceispa.com.